Thread: City Cinema - Muscat Grand Mall

City Cinema - Muscat Grand Mall

Have any of you tried City Cinema at Muscat Grand Mall? Have you tried the Gold class? What's your opinion about it (ex. screen, seats, cost..etc)

----

I have tried the Gold Class and the seats are really comfortable. However the screen was disappointingly small and it is way too expensive for such seats. I mean why pay 10 rials? Ok, if it was INCLUDING a snack and drink then MAYBE, but I was a bit disappointed to know that you have to also pay for the snacks and drink. I would have thought it would be more reasonable since you're paying that much for just a seat, the snacks should be included. It's a rip off to be honest. The owner would still be making profit even if he did include the snacks and drink with the ticket price.

Comparing MGM with Shatti, I would rather go to shatti since the screen is bigger and more reasonable price.

The most annoying emoticon:
    I am the Rep Queen.

Honorable Member
    I think it's good that it's expensive because not everyone gets to go. The people who will end up there are classier people who won't trash the place, talk throughout the movie and make the movie experience of others horrible.

I loved it - and ever since I've been there I haven't gone to Shatti. I hope I never need to unless the movie's timing is more convenient in Shatti than MGM.

The one thing I wish they did was have the seats coupled like the movie theaters in Dubai. Instead of having a row of recliners, have them in groups and alone. It's more private when you're in a pair.

Elite Member
    ^Paying extra money doesn't make you "classier"! Sometimes it can make you "dumber".

one degree between perfection and intelligence

Honorable Member
    If I leave the comfort of my house, I'd pay more without a thought to enjoy whatever I am doing outside my comfort zone.

I didn't say paying more makes you classier. What I am saying when you pay more, you're bound to meet with people who are classier - thus better experience. It's like when you go to Ramada Hotel and Al Bustan Hotel for a meal (I don't have to tell you where your experience will be better).

I still think it is over priced for what you are getting in return.

The most annoying emoticon:
    I am the Rep Queen.

I went once and didn't like it much.. feels too compact and dense.. didn't really give the theater experience I am used to. And neither did I like the seats slop height order.

Thread Information