Thread: Being Honest And Straight Forward

Being Honest And Straight Forward

Do you think that being honest , straight forward and speaking your mind can be something negative or positive on your part in your opinion?

What kind of person are you? Are you someone who tends to bottle things up when it comes to having an opinion about something / someone? Or do you say exactly what's on your mind?

Can being honest and straight forward be linked with being blunt?

Discuss.

====

I'll give my response later.

The most annoying emoticon:
    I am the Rep Queen.

Honorable Member

. I guess it depends on the situation.. sometimes or maybe most of the time you need to be diplomatic.

I fail to be diplomatic because I'm a person who is what's in my heart/head is on my tongue "and sometimes on my hands ".. but now days I see myself being a sarcastic person more than diplomatic.. so I give the other person the advantage of benefit of doubt of what i'm saying.
    ~ أستغفر اللـــه ~

وداعــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــا

2003 - 2010

Being diplomatic means faking yourself in front of others, while talking your heart out means you are in danger. I see that some situations are better of you only stay in silence, while at other times you are required to speak your mind or heart. And some situations are best to be diplomatic, yet not faking it all.

So I don't think I'd take sides in this thread, I'll stick more to the situation.

EB's creation

I hope I learnt to restrain myself and keep the boiling emotions within, when rational thinking urges me to stfu rather than blurt out something true but excessively frank I tend to choose the former these days, even though I used to be different earlier. Even though I still may sound denunciative, sarcastic and explicit, but that means the person in question has really pissed me.

I know it's good to be tolerant. I repeat it to myself every day.

ғαпנαшι
    I try to be as honest as i can and i just like being straight forward.
    But at times it could be negetive, When you'll just hurt the person you tell.

*Little Cupid*

I should say I am straight forward and honest, and if I dislike something I will tell you right that minute and be done with it, but at times i feel I can't do that because I feel like I am going to make things worse, so I just bottle it up inside ...

For me, being straight forward and honest is a Positive thing because I have no problem voicing my opinions and letting you know how I think, but theres also moments where I would shutup and keep those opinions to myself, especially if it won't bring any change.. Theres no need to voice everything!

I hate ppl who are not capable of hearing the truth, but still ask for your opinion and react when you give it to them. Why bother asking in the first place If you're going to cry me a river? ;p

Well of course it can be linked, thats what blunt means, being direct and outspoken..
    Last edited by J'adore; 21-07-10 at 02:40 PM.

'Magnetic field we got between us' mentally you take me there'

I'm the kind of person who likes to keep it straight forward, And I try to keep my honestly open as needed.

Do you think that being honest , straight forward and speaking your mind can be something negative or positive on your part in your opinion?

I don't think it's something negative at all. But it usually depends on the time and the reason where I should shut my mouth and not say a thing.

Elite Member
    I guess it depends on your intent and the way you deliver it.
    It’s okay to be straight forward to a certain extent. It only needs to be balanced with courteousness.

Cripple The Heart & Devour The Soul. | MyCredo | tumblr

.. Forever & Always .

im an honest person i would love everyone i deal with to be honest about me , but if its someone i care id bottle it up if my opinion going to hurt that person

That's not flying, I am just falling with style

Quote Originally Posted by J'adore View Post
    For me, being straight forward and honest is a Positive thing because I have no problem voicing my opinions and letting you know how I think, but theres also moments where I would shutup and keep those opinions to myself, especially if it won't bring any change.. Theres no need to voice everything!

I hate ppl who are not capable of hearing the truth, but still ask for your opinion and react when you give it to them. Why bother asking in the first place If you're going to cry me a river? ;p

Well of course it can be linked, thats what blunt means, being direct and outspoken..
    Exactly the Same !!
    one step closer ...
    Don't judge me until u know me, don't underestimate me until u challenge me. And don't talk about me until u talk to me.

Elite Member
    I am straight forward....but i always make sure i change my attitude towards heart patients........its a good thing coz life will be very straight forward and without any problems but then life will become too normal and not random....so being straightforward is not so fun....................

Blog:- HTN900
    Wanna know my reason to get high:- CLICKME

I used to always be that straight-forward person, who would always speaks her mind no matter what and it didn't matter who I was expressing my thoughts to. Having said that, I've realized lately that I tend to keep stuff to myself because not everyone is worth my time and energy. Instead, I'm only straight-forward and honest with people I actually care for.

despair
    Depends on the situation as said earlier but.. it's much better as you gain in confidence and get entrusted with a positive feedback.

If I made any sense above. lol

Who are the sad people in life? Those who get offended when someone caring is honest to them.

I'm honest, to a limit and sometimes the limit is transparent.

Honorable Member
    Do you think that being honest , straight forward and speaking your mind can be something negative or positive on your part in your opinion? I guess it all depends what kind of game I wanna play ...

What kind of person are you? Are you someone who tends to bottle things up when it comes to having an opinion about something / someone? Or do you say exactly what's on your mind?Depends...
    Can being honest and straight forward be linked with being blunt?Depends...
    AE..Thanks-nice combo.

Now I must deliver ma message... ....Remind me again why I care what you think?...oh that's right....I DON'T...........Chaa-Chaaa-Chaaaa ....

Administrator

I try to be as straight forward as I can possibly be, that's when I am at my best. If I am restricted and cannot really say what is actually on my mind then that's when I feel lost and truly stressed out, I like to give out my honest opinion whenever I can afford to do so, but lately I've learned to 'pick my battles' and only speak up when it actually is worth it and can do some good.
    Follow my thoughts and work:

i dont mind saying what i have to say

i cant stand fake people so i dont want to be fake

"We drown our doubts, in fine champagne, and sooth our souls with fine cocaine"

http://ask.fm/Geya

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J'adore View Post

+1 Couldn't agree more!

And to add on that, it also depends on who am I sitting with, when being straight forward, or giving my opinion, it's different when I'm with someone I just met and someone who I've known for a couple of years, truth hurts, but saying the truth makes it a one time hurt to the other person, but then if you weren't straight forward with that person you will hurt him twice, since when he finds out the truth he will be upset that you leid at him, espically when it comes to friends!
    Ill rip my heart out and hand you the shit

somehow in it is really hard needs from person to learn more in this life.

the best thing to be 50/50 or to do only what is right from the first time.

Light in the world over and over

اللهم اغفر لي و لوالدي و للمؤمنين والمؤمنات الأحياء منهم والأموات يوم يقوم الحساب

I called and my heart Refracted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8JvPquR3Xg

アシム

I like to give my honest and straight-forward opinion and it can be either a positive or a negative thing based on who you're voicing your opinion to. But no matter how it is, our opinions are based on our self judgement and personal beliefs, it should never be a negative thing, and the person reading/hearing your opinions should never feel negative about it since he/she knows how that person feels.

Although in the past I used to be a wimp, not confident in voicing my opinions, but now I feel it's better to voice my opinions since no opinion can be actually called a "wrong" or "invalid" opinion.

Elvenblade's creation

Sometimes in a serious tensioned situation, being straightforward makes it cool.
    "There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby and invisible." - Maria Sabina

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery..
    ..none but ourselves can free our minds!"

Honorable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel_Eyes View Post

What kind of person are you? Are you someone who tends to bottle things up when it comes to having an opinion about something / someone? Or do you say exactly what's on your mind?

I think nowadays, being honest and straight forward will never make your life better. It will only cause problems and people to talk about you since they dislike people being better than them.

I am the kind of person who will say what is on my mind and be honest. However, recently I have been keeping things in and not share it with anyone unless I explode and can't take it anymore.

* Cartoon theme * * Squinty al-7azeen la laa laaaaaaaaa* (Squinty the sad la laa laaa) said by Soulless
    "Squinty: Same 'happy' mood on all the time, Masha'Allah. A difference is that when he's not feeling good, in real life he keeps quiet. Here, he'd open a thread about it " said by UmKhalid

Quote Originally Posted by squinty View Post
    I think nowadays, being honest and straight forward will never make your life better. It will only cause problems and people to talk about you since they dislike people being better than them.

I am the kind of person who will say what is on my mind and be honest. However, recently I have been keeping things in and not share it with anyone unless I explode and can't take it anymore.
    Yes Indeed , but its hard wht ppl think sometime
    Thank you Tinta
    @@@~~~~**** How to be Paki!*****~~~~@@@
    ˙٠●(-ٌFkIH Fm Ůk WЕ-)●٠˙

I Lose my Self in Day Dream

Elite Member
    Here's the thing, there are times where you HAVE TO BE honest and straight forward and some time you should go around the bush. Talking about myself I am 90% of the time honest and straight forward because it's better to be this way. It's much better and you wont feel bad for lying or not telling the truth later on. The truth might be ugly but we can't run away from it.

honesty and being straight forward is a very good thing,thats how i am most of the time
    i do admit,there were very few times when i was abit deceitful (3iyara shwaia),
    but never for the people i care about...straight forward and honest in the nicest way i can xD

thanks tinta!

What kind of person are you?
    Dead honest.

Are you someone who tends to bottle things up when it comes to having an opinion about something / someone?
    I try to bottle it up if it's a negative about someone, but sometimes I say it unconsciously and it turns out rude and inconsiderate.

I don't know what blunt means, so I can't answer the question :P

I always tend to be positive! When it comes to being honest I try to speak my mind as much as I can in whatever & however. But I aviod it; so it wont turn out so rude (which is something I always do unconsciously). & if I'm in a terrible mood I wouldn't care less, I'll say exactly think which would be just negative thoughts about someone/something.

Sometimes, yeah.

Elite Member
    In most cases, it is a positive thing to be straight forward. I know I would like my family and friends to speak their mind to me.

As for me, I am a person who usually bottles things up but when I need to be straight forward then I usually am (there's no harm in being brutally honest sometimes!). So yeah I guess it depends on the situation and the people.

Thread Information