Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Listening to music during Ramadan.

Listening to music during Ramadan.

Why is, that people during the month of ramadan, listen to music after breaking their fast? When I was in Canada, I would never listen to any kind of music, but, when I moved to Kuwait, I saw people after breaking their fast listening to music. When I ask them, "why are you listening to music." they say, "well, I'm not fasting right now." I know they call it MONTH of ramadan not, 12hours a day of ramadan, you know what I mean. I actually see people back in foreign countries more religious and respect islam, than, people in an islamic country. Why is that?!

Administrator

I believe it's the same as food or even sex with your wife/husband..after breaking your fast you can have both and so I don't see why music should be any different since it too gives you some sort of 'pleasure'.

I as well only listen to music after breaking my fast in ramadhan.
    Follow my thoughts and work:

I believe that's wrong, either ways, music is Haram, as sex and food is not. Why should you be listening to music, if you can listen to Quran or something thats going to be useful and helpful during this blessed month?

Elite Member
    it's good to listen to Quran, but u cannot be just listening to Quran and Praying all day 24/7 , its nice to enjoy the pleasures of life but everything in limit as long as it doesnt drag you away from your priorities

as in Ramadhan, time is just too short.better take advantage of this month, it just happens once a year.
    Last edited by $wŧ; 24-09-06 at 05:20 AM.
    women who seek to be equal to men lack ambition

Quote Originally Posted by i3u00n_ildenya
    I believe that's wrong, either ways, music is Haram, as sex and food is not. Why should you be listening to music, if you can listen to Quran or something thats going to be useful and helpful during this blessed month?
    Well, that's YOUR opinion...so whatever. It's okay to listen to music after breaking your fast, hell it's also okay to listen to music while fasting (just not recommended).
    wordlife
    The End Justifies The Means...

Im sorry to say this, no hold up i aint sorry, but where do u get this info from?! like ur s0o0o WRONG its not about opinion its about wuts right and wrong in the Muslim religion and music in Muslim religion is wrong PERIOD and just listening to it in the month of Ramadan is WORSE!!
    Last edited by Lym; 24-09-06 at 09:59 AM.

"We drown our doubts, in fine champagne, and sooth our souls with fine cocaine"

http://ask.fm/Geya

Quote Originally Posted by wordlife
    Well, that's YOUR opinion...so whatever. It's okay to listen to music after breaking your fast, hell it's also okay to listen to music while fasting (just not recommended).
    Yeah I know thats my own opinion, and I think, you should respect it, as I'm respecting yours and others. It's not okay to listen to music. Why, would you build more bad sins on your left shlouder on this bless month, you can't stand not listening to music for just one month come on.

Also, I'm not saying listen to the Quran and pray 24/7, I'm just saying, instead of gaining more sins on your shlouder, why not use your time wisely, during this blessed month, that's all.

However, everyone has their own opinion, and inshallah I'm going to respect it, and everyone else, will respect mine and our fellow members. This is just a matter of discussing an something, and wanting to know everyone's point of view.

Elite Member
    This is the major problem in our Islamic society. What we taught not to do, we label it "Haram". Some go to the extent that they get totally shocked when other people do it 'PERIOD'.

Listen people:

- Music is not forbidden as general, and there is no single hadeeth or soora have stated it is forbidden.

- Music is like poetry, a word that has a meaning. If the word is having a bad meaning or something that would lead to a sin, then sure the poetry it contains is also sinful. Same if reciting poetry combined with forbidden dance, drink or sexual abuse, then sure it falls under the same category. So Music is poetry and words, deal with it in the same way as you deal with poetry. If a poet is describing a woman's bodey in his poetry then sure this is a forbidden poetry. A poet if describing nature and birds and horses or describing virtues, is something pleasant and useful, it flourishes the imagination...Simple!

- Listening to music in the month of Ramadan doesn't break your fast! We don't do it just to be polite with Allah and to make use of the precious hours in something benificial like listening to Quran...That is it! But no Imam or Mufti will till you that if you listen to music during the day of Ramadan, your fast is void!

- The rule in Islam is that: " The origin of every thing we have in our life is "not forbidden" unless there is a "clear text" stating the opposite.

- Halal (Not Forbidden), and Haram (Forbidden), are not things that your father or mother told you to do or not to do.

- A fatwa from your Imam or moufti that listening to music is forbidden as far as it in something not globally confirmed by all Muslim scholars, carries the possibility, therefore accusing others being totally out of their mind relying on your direction of believe is totally 'WRONG'!

- We must stop using our own imagination or quoting from one Imam's point of view and making it a global rule. There are ways and regulations of making a sure confirmation about "halal" and "haram", either you follow it exactly or just don't even come close to it.

- It doesn't make you a better Muslim trying to get harsh and strong applying what you think is correct. What makes you a better Muslim is being nice and decent with those who contradict with your supposed believes.
    Last edited by Haroundb; 24-09-06 at 08:29 AM.

...Uuum STILL Why would u and YES music is HARAM!!...

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cute_Ting
    Im sorry to say this, no hold up i aint sorry, but where do u get this info from?! like ur s0o0o WRONG its not about opinion its about wuts right and wrong in the Muslim religion and music in Muslim religion is wrong PERIOD and just listening to it in the month of Ramadan is WORSE!!
    This is a good example of what I am talking about!
    Last edited by Lym; 24-09-06 at 10:00 AM.

...Wut r u talkin about NO ONE said anything about listenin to music breaking ur fast it just aint right!! not a good Deeed U know wut i mean like dont u ever feel guilty about that!?!?!

and i thought i was a sinner

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cute_Ting

and i thought i was a sinner
    You are an angel ... Sister!

L0o0o0oL Not really :P

I don't think music is haram as Haroundb explained
    but still i don't listen to it during Ramadhan coz well i don't think i have time to do so and i don't think we should waste this holly month on things like that
    this month is an apportunity to get closer to Allah so we should make use of it

MasterMind Member
    I simply don't believe music is haram (but again it depends on the lyrics), so my reasoning is very similar to Nabs.

Minister of Sound
    ^^ same here, but really i dont lsn to music while fasting. anasheed islaamia will do the job and they are nice!

Elite Member
    Hmmmm

I think....

Maybe...

As we all agreed....

But.....

Cute Ting....

Nabhan.....

Haroundb....!!

Lym.....:shut:

Sunmoon

Going through a crisis all what I can say is

I do listen to music after breaking my fast! I don't listen to it when I'm fasting!

But I can't say if it's it's okay or it's not!

LLM
    الله يرحمك يا بطل الامة ويرحم عيالك الشرفاء وكل ليبي ما رضى بالذل... الابطال لا يموتون موتة عادية.... عمر مختار - اعدموه...البطل الشهيد صدام-اعدموه.... ياسر عرفات- سمموه... غاندي-اغتالوه...جمال عبدالناصر-اغتالوه.....انور السادات- اغتااالوه.......ةالحين شرف الامة و ملك ملوك افريقيا وعميد الامة الاسلامية((المجاهد الشهيد معمر القذافي))-اغتااالوه هنيـــــــــئا لكم شرف الاستشهااااد الـــــــــــي جنة الخلد
    May Allah grant Al Frdous to Mr. Gaddafi & his sons, heros don't die a normal death.. Omar Al Muktar was executed.. The martyr hero Sadam - executed.. Yassir Arafat - poisoned.. Ghandi - assassinated.. Jamal Abdul Nasser - assassinated.. Anwar El Sadat - assassinated.. Now the nation's honor, king of Africa's kings & the Islamic nations General ((The warrior the martyr Mumar Al Gadaffi)) has been assassinated.

originally posted by Haroundb
    Music is not forbidden as general, and there is no single hadeeth or soora have stated it is forbidden.
    exactly

i listen to music after i break thhe fast
    used to
    donnu if i will this year
    im 70% sure im gonna

thanks tinta!

if you read qur2an ,, then listen to music after breaking your fast
    i think its ok =s,,
    my cousins listen to music WHILE they are fasting and when i asked them why,, they said its ok as long as they pray and fast and dont do sins =S

Thanks Mudrich

Quote Originally Posted by special
    if you read qur2an ,, then listen to music after breaking your fast
    i think its ok =s,,
    my cousins listen to music WHILE they are fasting and when i asked them why,, they said its ok as long as they pray and fast and dont do sins =S
    Why are you going to read Quran, and then kill your good deeds, when listening to music? And about your cousins, are you sure, you're going to believe them? Come on, it's common sense. It's like, I can make, all the bad sins in the world and do what's Haram, as long as I pray and read the Quran.

I don't think listening to music anytime during the month of Ramadhan is ok. I simply don't believe in it. I don't think music is haram, but I do know that it takes us away from God. And I believe that this month is a month to devote yourself to God. It's not going to kill you if you don't listen to music. Instead, listen to Qur'an, it's like someone's cleaning your heart and soul inside out!

Just notice me..

Quote Originally Posted by Fdaitny
    I don't think listening to music anytime during the month of Ramadhan is ok. I simply don't believe in it. I don't think music is haram, but I do know that it takes us away from God. And I believe that this month is a month to devote yourself to God. It's not going to kill you if you don't listen to music. Instead, listen to Qur'an, it's like someone's cleaning your heart and soul inside out!

That's exactly,what I'm trying to tell them, but some people here are just so stubborn. Thanks..

Infinity Member

Quote Originally Posted by i3u00n_ildenya
    I can see that you are saying Music is forbidden, so for that we shouldnt talk about Ramdhan or any other month/time.

If its forbidden, so that should be for all time.

Quote Originally Posted by NiGhTFaCe
    I can see that you are saying Music is forbidden, so for that we shouldnt talk about Ramdhan or any other month/time.

If its forbidden, so that should be for all time.

What I meant was, listening to music during Ramadan.

...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YA!! L0o0oL...Its WRONG 5alas and ppl say its forbidden and something thats forbidden is not allowed and something that aint allowed is 7aram ^_^...

Elite Member
    Now this is not a discussion anymore, I think this thread is going somehow south!

Quote Originally Posted by Haroundb
    Now this is not a discussion anymore, I think this thread is going somehow south!

I totally agree, that's it, this discussion is over.

A very interesting topic...and very interesting to see everyone's opinions!

The most annoying emoticon:
    I am the Rep Queen.

Elite Member
    Do you guys have ADD or something? stop pickering on each other and talk properly (what has happened to proper English?!) and TO THE POINT! My mind got totally jammed reading you people's posts. God...

I personally don't listen to music during ramadan. Period. I usually don't listen to much of it in the month after it too but then I fall into the habit again...:/

Thread Information