PDA

View Full Version : Jail for pregnant and not married women.

foreignflower
16-08-11, 01:21 AM
Salam everyone,

I was just wondering. I know this issue does not apply to people in Sabla, but I have read that in UAE if a woman is pregnant and unmarried, she has to get married immediately, leave the country (if she is expat and deliver there) or go to jail. http://www.dubaifaqs.com/pregnant-in-dubai.php

How does Oman deal with this usually. Is that similar to UAE or is it completely different?

Abdullah
16-08-11, 02:44 AM
When you say Oman do you mean the society or the higher authorities (governments etc.)? I have only met one woman with such case, she had pre-marital sex and produced a baby from it. And it did not go so well. Her family wanted nothing to do with her after they found out, so they proceeded with emancipation and disowned the daughter and her little baby. However, the government gave her financial support, being a single mother. Also the biological father of the baby aided the woman as well. It's not so tough here in Oman, I guess.

Riv
16-08-11, 08:13 AM
I have "heard" that when found out, the guy goes to serve 3 months and the girl depending on her condition, either serves 3 months or stays to give birth. After birth both are forcefully married.

xx.sour-punk.xx
16-08-11, 09:26 AM
I was going to open a similar thread, and yeah I'd like an answer too. Because I heard that the women (along with her kid) goes to jail for life since the stonning rule doesn't apply here. It probably is the same for the guy.

Famous_Unknown
16-08-11, 10:18 AM
I was going to open a similar thread, and yeah I'd like an answer too. Because I heard that the women (along with her kid) goes to jail for life since the stonning rule doesn't apply here. It probably is the same for the guy.
no way......this is just doesnt make any sense.
and I think this thread is about getting pregnant before marriage.....even in Islam the stonning rule doesnt apply here.
to apply the rule she/he has to be married and practicing adultery.

xx.sour-punk.xx
16-08-11, 10:29 AM
^ Sorry, I meant she and he gets slashed 80 times :$

diving-maniac
16-08-11, 01:51 PM
Salam everyone,

I was just wondering. I know this issue does not apply to people in Sabla, but I have read that in UAE if a woman is pregnant and unmarried, she has to get married immediately, leave the country (if she is expat and deliver there) or go to jail. http://www.dubaifaqs.com/pregnant-in-dubai.php

How does Oman deal with this usually. Is that similar to UAE or is it completely different?

Normally the baby is had in secret and then dumped outside of a hospital where it then goes to an Orphange. These children have no chance in life as none of them have a tribal name and they become highly institutionalized with no concept of money or working and they get thrown out the orphanage at 16.

Blame the parents and insult them all you like, but does the child, who is innocent in the whole thing, really deserve that?

foreignflower
16-08-11, 02:29 PM
Normally the baby is had in secret and then dumped outside of a hospital where it then goes to an Orphange. These children have no chance in life as none of them have a tribal name and they become highly institutionalized with no concept of money or working and they get thrown out the orphanage at 16.

Blame the parents and insult them all you like, but does the child, who is innocent in the whole thing, really deserve that?

This is the law in UAE. If you are pregnant and unmarried you get punished by jail time. If the lady is an expat, she gets jail and then deportation. Local lady will be in trouble too.

Indeed it would be a sad situation for a child.

Manta
16-08-11, 02:59 PM
I have "heard" that when found out, the guy goes to serve 3 months and the girl depending on her condition, either serves 3 months or stays to give birth. After birth both are forcefully married.:D Just kinda confused here-Y the goverment will force them....Wat I know 4 sure u can't have sex b4 u married....:XD:

So will there b halal meat...(If the goverment forced them)-I don't think so...:XD:

foreignflower
16-08-11, 03:09 PM
:D Just kinda confused here-Y the goverment will force them....Wat I know 4 sure u can't have sex b4 u married....:XD:

So will there b halal meat...(If the goverment forced them)-I don't think so...:XD:

I have not heard that they are forced to marry. I only know the part about jail for unmarried and pregnant woman.

Manta
16-08-11, 03:36 PM
I have not heard that they are forced to marry. I only know the part about jail for unmarried and pregnant woman.:D Well in Oman-men are forced 2 marry the girl they impregnated with goverment otherwise they go 2 jail....:XD:

foreignflower
17-08-11, 12:55 AM
:D Well in Oman-men are forced 2 marry the girl they impregnated with goverment otherwise they go 2 jail....:XD:

Are you serious? What if it was rape that resulted in pregnancy?

diving-maniac
17-08-11, 01:50 AM

I'm sure some common sense would be used here....

Riv
17-08-11, 08:53 AM
In the case of rape, they are married and then divorced so the girl's name is not ruined or soemthing. The child will carry the father's name and the guy has to support after he's done with jail time. Or he will work in jail and thereafter, that money goes to the child.

Manta
17-08-11, 09:39 AM

C the answer below.....:cool:

In the case of rape, they are married and then divorced so the girl's name is not ruined or soemthing. The child will carry the father's name and the guy has to support after he's done with jail time. Or he will work in jail and thereafter, that money goes to the child.

foreignflower
17-08-11, 05:45 PM
C the answer below.....:cool:

In any case a sad situation.

Manta
17-08-11, 05:58 PM
In any case a sad situation.:D True-very true-but, wat 2 do if they make a mistake.....:D:cool:

foreignflower
17-08-11, 07:34 PM
:D True-very true-but, wat 2 do if they make a mistake.....:D:cool:

Sure, but of course the mistake falls on BOTH parties as it takes two to have a baby. In a case of rape, it is not woman's fault. It is a fault of a rapist.

Manta
18-08-11, 09:24 AM
Sure, but of course the mistake falls on BOTH parties as it takes two to have a baby. In a case of rape, it is not woman's fault. It is a fault of a rapist.:D True very true-in a case of rapist- I think; The Government has its own staff of criminal investigators-and, I bliv that-justice will b done.....:yes:

Jeff
18-08-11, 10:05 AM
I can imagine what to do! :)

Love the girl and the child, take them into your home and give them love.

"Whatever you did, we will always love you."

UmKhalid
18-08-11, 10:18 AM
Diving-maniac explains it perfectly. That's what happens to the children.

pixie girl
18-08-11, 12:06 PM
In the case of rape, they are married and then divorced so the girl's name is not ruined or soemthing.

Where did you get that from?:os
There's no Islamic ruling that mentions anything about a rape victim marrying her rapist. Unless you're talking about what people in this sort of culture do...are you?

foreignflower
18-08-11, 03:24 PM
There's no Islamic ruling that mentions anything about a rape victim marrying her rapist. Unless you're talking about what people in this sort of culture do...are you?

I was wondering, but I do not think it states anywhere in Islam where a victim must marry his rapist. I think it is NOT the victim who should hang head in shame, it is a rapist who has to be ashamed of what he has done and shame burden should fall on him NOT the victim.

UmKhalid
18-08-11, 07:55 PM
^ Exactly. But in this culture it's the girl's fault anyway.

PickledPablo
18-08-11, 10:08 PM
A girl is not forced to marry her rapist. But all common sense points to the fact that she should marry her rapist.

foreignflower
18-08-11, 10:20 PM
A girl is not forced to marry her rapist. But all common sense points to the fact that she should marry her rapist.

So if a woman raped you, you will marry her?

PickledPablo
19-08-11, 01:07 AM
^ If I were to allow things to get to the point in which someone was able to rape me then there is clearly something wrong with the way I'd been behaving and so I would be forced to deal with the problem through marriage.

foreignflower
19-08-11, 01:22 AM
^ If I were to allow things to get to the point in which someone was able rape me then there is clearly something wrong with the way I'd been behaving and so I would be forced to deal with the problem through marriage.

Rape is not woman's fault. There ARE rapes in countries with Muslim majority too. Women with full abaya can get raped. I just cannot understand how can you want to marry a person who has hurt you physically and emotionally. I mean there IS a reason why rapists are thrown in jail.

Jeff
19-08-11, 01:23 AM
^ If I were to allow things to get to the point in which someone was able rape me then there is clearly something wrong with the way I'd been behaving and so I would be forced to deal with the problem through marriage.

If someone were to rape you, Pablo, there would CLEARLY be SOMETHING wrong with the way you had been BEHAVING.

PickledPablo
19-08-11, 01:36 AM
Rape is not woman's fault. There ARE rapes in countries with Muslim majority too. Women with full abaya can get raped. I just cannot understand how can you want to marry a person who has hurt you physically and emotionally. I mean there IS a reason why rapists are thrown in jail.

Just because a woman wears an abaya doesn't mean anything. I've seen the way some of those girls walk and you can easily tell what they're asking for.

And why you would want to marry him? Well it is common fact that marriage tends to change people. Instead of being barbaric and putting human beings in cages how about we try more rehabilitative methods?

If someone were to rape you, Pablo, there would CLEARLY be SOMETHING wrong with the way you had been BEHAVING.

Exactly! Nine times out of ten a rapist will admit to a feeling of hopelessness in trying to suppress and control what they were doing. So who else is left to blame?

foreignflower
19-08-11, 01:49 AM
Just because a woman wears an abaya doesn't mean anything. I've seen the way some of those girls walk and you can easily tell what they're asking for.

And why you would want to marry him? Well it is common fact that marriage tends to change people. Instead of being barbaric and putting human beings in cages how about we try more rehabilitative methods?

Exactly! Nine times out of ten a rapist will admit to a feeling of hopelessness in trying to suppress and control what they were doing. So who else is left to blame?

Rape is not only about sex. It is about power over the victims. Do you think all rapists raped because they were horny and they wanted sex and could not get it. MANY rapists were MARRIED and even had kids.

PickledPablo
19-08-11, 02:00 AM
I don't think it's power as much as it is powerlessness in the face of seduction.

foreignflower
19-08-11, 02:03 AM
I don't think it's power as much as it is powerlessness in the face of seduction.

But if rapist is married and has a wife, why would he want to rape if he can get sex anytime from his wife?

PickledPablo
19-08-11, 02:11 AM
That's why I said it's due to powerlessness. He knows he can obtain it in other ways and yet he can't stop himself.

You must understand that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes a man will be coerced into raping a women by some unknown reason.
At that time the woman will think that something terrible is happening.
But if people followed rules as they should the two of them would end up getting married and the man would be forced into supporting this other woman who otherwise would have had no chance in the world.

Who are we to think that we can judge rapists?

foreignflower
19-08-11, 02:13 AM
That's why I said it's due to powerlessness. He knows he can obtain it in other ways and yet he can't stop himself.

You must understand that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes a man will be coerced into raping a women by some unknown reason.
At that time the woman will think that something terrible is happening.
But if people followed rules as they should the two of them would end up getting married and the man would be forced into supporting this other woman who otherwise would have had no chance in the world.

Who are we to think that we can judge rapists?

I can just imagine if the rapist is married and suddenly he gets second wife. He explains to his first wife that he raped the second one so now that must live together as a happy family.

I heard in Saudi rape is punished by death.

PickledPablo
19-08-11, 02:15 AM
A true wife would stick by with her husband. And Saudia is a corrupt country hiding under a fake Islam.

Lightning
19-08-11, 04:23 AM
^ If I were to allow things to get to the point in which someone was able to rape me then there is clearly something wrong with the way I'd been behaving and so I would be forced to deal with the problem through marriage.

I dont know if your a man or a woman, but are you seriously saying that if bunch of people kicked down a house door...went inside, raped the woman...then she must marry <one of them!!!>

If thats the case, every man would just kidnap a woman who turned him down in marriage, rape her...then she would HAVE to marry him now!!! Hell, in this case I think he will reduce the amount of money that he will spend in the wedding!!!

THATS JUST NONSENSE...

I personally think a person who raped a woman should be burned alive :angry:, and I have a feeling that many ladies here will be with me in this one.

Amir
19-08-11, 07:23 AM
Refer to Oman Penal Code (OPC) Chapter 5, articles 225-227 (ammended 72/2001).

The law is as per below:

Oman Penal Law (OPC)
Chapter 5
In Adultery
Article (225): Punishable by imprisonment for not less than three (3) months and not exceeding one (1) year, every man and woman, committed the act of adultery (act of sexual intercourse) without legally valid marriage (*).
Article (226): Punishable by imprisonment for not less than one (1) year nor more than three (3) years anyone who commits sexual intercourse to person not married to, and both partner in adultery will carry the same sentence, unless their marriage proven otherwise (*).
Article (227): No penal law suit shall be created against, a man or a woman, except upon a formal complaint has been received from the spouse of the adulterer or the legal guardian, If the adulterer’s spouse or guardian is not in the Sultanate, the public prosecution can take all actions available to the notification of the guardian or spouse could not be notified, although it is permissible for the Prosecutor General to establish the case.
(*) Article (227) ammended by Royal Decree (72/2001)

Reference: https://www.rop.gov.om/arabic/roprules/ROPRULE-1.pdf

Guys this was in Arabic, used bing and google to translate it.

Amir
19-08-11, 08:06 AM
Refer to Oman Penal Code (OPC) Chapter 5, articles 218-219

Part 1: In indecency and Crime against Public Morality (Rape)

Article (218): One shall be punished with imprisonment from five (5) to fifteen (15) years in case of the following occurs:

1.Anyone forcing a male or female to sexual intercourse whether by coercion, threats or deception.
2.Anyone who abducts a person by the same means to commit sexual act or fornication.
3.Anyone who commits sexual act or commits fornication with a person under 15 years of age or was suffering from lack of physical or mental ability or disabled without coercion, or by threat, or if the offender is a person or persons who have authority over the victim such as a servant.
Article (219): A fornication or sexual act does not need to be at the lowest degree the entering of male organ into the female organ or is not limited to otherwise.

Guys note that this chapter also covers offense to public morality which includes the chasing of girls, sexual harassment (mu3akasa or mu'3azala, tarqeem), and is further developed into articles the falls under offence/breach to personal/public decency, and the sentence can be for OMR50-5000 as fine or else from 3 months to 12 months of jail.

foreignflower
19-08-11, 01:52 PM
I dont know if your a man or a woman, but are you seriously saying that if bunch of people kicked down a house door...went inside, raped the woman...then she must marry <one of them!!!>

If thats the case, every man would just kidnap a woman who turned him down in marriage, rape her...then she would HAVE to marry him now!!! Hell, in this case I think he will reduce the amount of money that he will spend in the wedding!!!

THATS JUST NONSENSE...

I personally think a person who raped a woman should be burned alive :angry:, and I have a feeling that many ladies here will be with me in this one.

I agree. Sure, save the money, just rape a woman and she will have no choice, but to marry you. Seriously, this is ridiculous.

Manta
19-08-11, 02:33 PM
Refer to Oman Penal Code (OPC) Chapter 5, articles 218-219

Part 1: In indecency and Crime against Public Morality (Rape)

Article (218): One shall be punished with imprisonment from five (5) to fifteen (15) years in case of the following occurs: 1.

Anyone forcing a male or female to sexual intercourse whether by coercion, threats or deception.2.Anyone who abducts a person by the same means to commit sexual act or fornication.
3.Anyone who commits sexual act or commits fornication with a person under 15 years of age or was suffering from lack of physical or mental ability or disabled without coercion, or by threat, or if the offender is a person or persons who have authority over the victim such as a servant.
Article (219): A fornication or sexual act does not need to be at the lowest degree the entering of male organ into the female organ or is not limited to otherwise.

Guys note that this chapter also covers offense to public morality which includes the chasing of girls, sexual harassment (mu3akasa or mu'3azala, tarqeem), and is further developed into articles the falls under offence/breach to personal/public decency, and the sentence can be for OMR50-5000 as fine or else from 3 months to 12 months of jail.:D I have nothing but sympathy 4 girls that get rapped in situations beyond their control-Ma friend thats just wat the decree saying-but WASTA play a big role, and FYI; Some1 needed 2 enforce-(RAPE)-decree... OTHERWISE....The next day-the rapist walk out of jail....:XD:

Gypsy
20-08-11, 04:25 PM
I have "heard" that when found out, the guy goes to serve 3 months and the girl depending on her condition, either serves 3 months or stays to give birth. After birth both are forcefully married.

I have heard something similar, but what i have also understood, its the sunni that are forced to marry, and they ibathi aren't allowed as they have sinned in the first place. Which I honestly can't make sense of.

Gypsy
20-08-11, 04:27 PM

No the child shouldn't be in such position as it is't their fault. But hey don't some of the children get adopted, and are able to take the person who adopted them's name?

Gypsy
20-08-11, 04:45 PM
PickledPablo: I don't see any sense in marry someone who has physically and emotionally abused you, and somehow taken you innocence away from you. How could you even begin to accept him as partner in life. Seriously how?

Why is the victim being blamed for being raped. It doesn't make sense. I don't think anyone would be that silly to say, he I am flirting, or behaving my best, and minding my own business so you could come and rape me please. I mean really that is insane. Which brings me to would you blame kids for being kids when they are raped as well?

Of course we are nobody to be judging anyone, but we tend to judge something or someone based on their actions and saying. So when a rapist goes about and raping women or children, how could you not judge them? Why are you judging and blaming the victim then, saying it is them who got them to be raped?

Lost In The Sun
20-08-11, 07:40 PM
Wow .

That's a serious human right crises in UAE.

un-marital sex between adults in Oman is not illegal also having babies by unmarried couples is not illegal.

Amir
22-08-11, 08:41 AM
Wow .

That's a serious human right crises in UAE.

un-marital sex between adults in Oman is not illegal also having babies by unmarried couples is not illegal.

It is illegal my dear friend! And it is offense to public morality. There is royal decree in Oman.

From where did you come up with that? The royal decrees are in my post, and one could be *screwed* -(sorry for the language)- from 3 months to not exceeding a year, that is if the couples were caught in such scenario. Sex without marriage is considered adultery in Oman, hence that law applies.

fatak
22-08-11, 03:43 PM
This is the law in UAE. If you are pregnant and unmarried you get punished by jail time. If the lady is an expat, she gets jail and then deportation. Local lady will be in trouble too.

Indeed it would be a sad situation for a child.

So much for the "show mercy" love and compassion.......in Islam.

I read somewhere, that Mouhamed the phophet was known for working with poor women and children, and Jesus as well had stopped the stoning of a prostitute.......

Somehow I think the cultural traits are dominating the rules
instead of true Islamic intentions.

Fatak

foreignflower
22-08-11, 03:48 PM
It is illegal my dear friend! And it is offense to public morality. There is royal decree in Oman.

From where did you come up with that? The royal decrees are in my post, and one could be *screwed* -(sorry for the language)- from 3 months to not exceeding a year, that is if the couples were caught in such scenario. Sex without marriage is considered adultery in Oman, hence that law applies.

It would not be considered adultery. It would be considered fornication. Adultery is when someone is cheating on their spouse.

Muse
23-08-11, 02:00 AM
Here's an article related to the topic of this thread, what are your opinions ?

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/courts/prison-for-couple-who-conceived-outside-of-wedlock

Lost In The Sun
23-08-11, 02:33 AM

it becomes an offence to public morality when you do it out in public.

behind closed doors no one will bother you. it's not like there are moral police patrolling hotels and all that.

Amir
23-08-11, 03:19 AM
it becomes an offence to public morality when you do it out in public.

No, the police in uniform does not do any sort of checking at any hotels or homes.

There are about 3 hotels, and about 5 hotel apartments which received warnings against providing room to entertain Chinese call girls.

I don't know if anybody heard about the houses that had a raid by police in Athaiba, Ghobra, Al Khuwair and Bowshar, and found some girls in those houses, of Indians, Sri Lankans, Indonesians, Philippinos and other from Czech Republic, and girls form somewhere else, this violates the rules of human trafficking, and public morality, and adultery, as well prostitution.

No body had complained about them, but they found out about those houses, they collected evidences of video recordings, of people who entered these houses, they have everything in hand.

In Oman we have an active anti-trafficking committee chaired by a cabinet-level officials that coordinates Omanís anti-trafficking efforts.

behind closed doors no one will bother you. it's not like there are moral police patrolling hotels and all that.

This is what everybody thinks, but unfortunately for them, they were wrong. There are others doing that job for the police, and they only inform authorities of what happens in the hotels, and certain places where they doubt there is something wrong going on or even certain flats or houses.

Lost In The Sun
23-08-11, 03:24 AM
^That's a different issue man, it's called prostitution :) .
and the moral police thing is just a myth .

hajar
19-12-11, 09:51 AM
interesting topic.
that's the case in UAE, but is it the same here in oman?
do unmarried pregnant woment get jailed for being pregnant and unmarried? does the law only apply for omanis? how about for the expats?

foreignflower
19-12-11, 10:01 AM
interesting topic.
that's the case in UAE, but is it the same here in oman?
do unmarried pregnant woment get jailed for being pregnant and unmarried? does the law only apply for omanis? how about for the expats?

I wonder that too. I know in UAE it applies to everyone. However, I wonder why they would only put women, as if they got pregnant by themselves. I think men should also carry responsibility.

Lacrymosa
19-12-11, 10:15 AM

This is sick.

diving-maniac
19-12-11, 09:24 PM

It has happened recently in Afghanistan...

Common Sense? Really?

This is sick.

Yup...

Dark Project
20-12-11, 09:24 AM
So much for the "show mercy" love and compassion.......in Islam.

I read somewhere, that Mouhamed the phophet was known for working with poor women and children, and Jesus as well had stopped the stoning of a prostitute.......

Somehow I think the cultural traits are dominating the rules
instead of true Islamic intentions.

Fatak

Yes fatak sadly culture do dominate the rules ,and the worst part people tend to believe its part of Islam !! :yell:

Jilly-bean
20-12-11, 10:57 PM
That's stupid. No women would ever asked to be raped. Seriously? 'the way she dresses means shes asking for it'. That's disgusting. So what are you saying men are dogs and they can't control themselves?
Posted via Mobile Device

Seham
20-12-11, 11:08 PM
The Law in Oman is the same as UAE....

foreignflower
21-12-11, 12:14 AM
The Law in Oman is the same as UAE....

If they put women in jail for it, I wonder why they don't put men. Women don't get pregnant by themselves. :os If she is guilty of fornication, he is just as guilty.

jack
21-12-11, 12:36 AM
If they put women in jail for it, I wonder why they don't put men. Women don't get pregnant by themselves. :os If she is guilty of fornication, he is just as guilty.Hun ... you're not in Kansas anymore.

Seham
21-12-11, 09:27 AM
If they put women in jail for it, I wonder why they don't put men. Women don't get pregnant by themselves. :os If she is guilty of fornication, he is just as guilty.

They both get put in jail if they find him! This is what happens she's brought to police investigation, she tells them who he is, they bring him over, if he admits, then he's forced to marry her, if he admits but refuses to marry her they both go to jail, if he doesn't admit, there will be DNA testing!

My relative has a house helper from 'another country' now she's pregnant and the person who made her pregnant is out of the country?!! What do you do in such scenario?!! They are trying to protect her, so she goes back to her home country, they allowed her to continue work with them (which she wanted) until near her due date! We are still investigating with her embassy and our law if she can deliver here but I don't know what are the rules for naming the baby and nationality!! So a very long process!! The family she works for are giving her all the options available without compromising her financial/employment status and what she prefers to do...! But I assure you 'one in a million Omani' would have done that, she would have been 'deported' ASAP once it has been discovered or put to prison! Again if child is born here there are some rules about 'child rights' and 'human rights'... so they make it very difficult to deliver here...

Will keep you updated...:mmhmm:

[p.s. FF: r u in Kansas, I'll be visiting sometime in Feb2012, it will be nice to meet up!]

foreignflower
21-12-11, 10:32 AM
They both get put in jail if they find him! This is what happens she's brought to police investigation, she tells them who he is, they bring him over, if he admits, then he's forced to marry her, if he admits but refuses to marry her they both go to jail, if he doesn't admit, there will be DNA testing!

My relative has a house helper from 'another country' now she's pregnant and the person who made her pregnant is out of the country?!! What do you do in such scenario?!! They are trying to protect her, so she goes back to her home country, they allowed her to continue work with them (which she wanted) until near her due date! We are still investigating with her embassy and our law if she can deliver here but I don't know what are the rules for naming the baby and nationality!! So a very long process!! The family she works for are giving her all the options available without compromising her financial/employment status and what she prefers to do...! But I assure you 'one in a million Omani' would have done that, she would have been 'deported' ASAP once it has been discovered or put to prison! Again if child is born here there are some rules about 'child rights' and 'human rights'... so they make it very difficult to deliver here...

Will keep you updated...:mmhmm:

[p.s. FF: r u in Kansas, I'll be visiting sometime in Feb2012, it will be nice to meet up!]

OMG that is horrible! Well, how will she deliver then? The father ran away and she is all alone, they are not married. Also, I think the situation would be much more easy depending on what passport you hold. I also heard that most of the time the maid will be deported immediately without questions.

I think that naming is up to her, but the nationality has to be taken after the father. Even the father is Omani and mother is other nationality, the kids would still be Omani.

Nope I am not in Kansas. Jack was quoting "The Wizard of Oz" LOOOL I live in Oman. I have never been to Kansas actually. I lived in other state.